Search This Blog

Thursday 27 January 2011

Free speech RIP

Cicero will not post this week.

Instead he has released the following statement for us all to ponder and consider:

''In light of recent developments at Sky Sports this week and lest I too publish something that offends some -ism or other, I have decided not to post this week until the fuss has moved on.

'The impact of such po faced nonsense on free speech and freedom of expression in this country should concern us all and we seem to have lost sight of the dictum that while 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' Voltaire must be spinning in his grave.

'Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone''

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have known that you would have something to say on this and that you would side with those sexist pigs from Sky. You are just like Jeremy Clarkson. Are you Jeremy Clarkson?

Anonymous said...

High praise indeed for you Cicero, being compared to your hero Jezza!

Gaudi

Cicero said...

No I am not Jeremy Clarkson, sadly!